Armo Tool: Over 40 Years of Toolmaking Experience
For over 40 years, Armo Tool has been a family owned and
Now in our third generation, we have earned a reputation
built on providing complete "one-stop" precision
tooling solutions, from the design stage to the beginning of production.
Armo Tool was founded in 1969 by Ross and George Whitney.
By pursuing opportunities to bring talented,
dedicated people into our company, and by building an extensive base of
loyal customers, Armo Tool has grown to over 100 employees serving several
We began as manufacturers of precision tooling. At our customers'
request, we applied our expertise to the rebuilding of equipment
and the design and building of new equipment. Our customers also
invited us to build stamping dies for them and, with each new
challenge, we added new equipment and skills to meet their needs.
We continue to explore new opportunities with customers,
many of whom have worked with us for over 30 years. We perform all processes
in-house from design to machining to programming and runoffs.
Please explore our website to learn more about our company today
and to see how we can help you to gain a competitive
advantage in your marketplace.
- Ross & George Whitney start Armo Tool in a 1200 sq. ft. building at our current location
- Began to rebuild machines, a 3 1/8 Acme screw machine was our 1st project
- 1st expansion took place, 1600 sq. ft.
- Completed our 1st major Progressive Die Project
- Expanded to 5000 sq. ft.
- Purchased our first CNC mill a Hurco Kmb1. Graduated our first journeyman Tool & Die Maker
- Purchased our 1st Wire EDM, a ELOX model Q
- Surpassed $1,000,000 in sales for the first time.
- Purchased our 1st Okuma CNC Lathe
- Hired our 20th Employee
- Purchased a 200 ton Warco tryout press
- George Whitney named President
- Began to build small-diameter tubing benders for the automotive industry
- Achieved certification to ISO 9001:1994. Expanded to 32,000 sq.ft. Graduated our 25th skilled trade journeyman
- Reached the milestone of $10,000,000 in sales
- Hired our 100th employee
- Achieved ISO re-certification to ISO 9001:2000
- Graduated our 50th skilled trade journeyman
- Celebrated our 35th Anniversary
- Expanded our staff and sales to record level; Ben Whitney appointed as General Manager; Armo Tool named for Provincial Apprenticeship Award
- Ben Whitney named President of Armo Tool; George Whitney remains as CEO
- Acquired and integrated Sun Engineering into Armo Tool
- Achieved Controlled Goods registration so Armo can serve the Defence Industry